October 16th, 2023
How attending our upcoming Equity Release Week could boost your knowledge and confidence
During the cost of living crisis, you may have begun questioning the stability of your living situation, especially as you approach retirement. If so, equity release may be an option you wish to explore.
Equity release is an agreement that can help homeowners over 55 to access the wealth tied up in their properties, without the need to move or downsize. It’s a way to convert part of the equity you’ve built in your home into tax-efficient funds that can be used for a wide range of purposes.
While you can read a lot about equity release online, data from Mortgage Solutions has found that 85% of online equity release calculations are “misleading”. As such, working with an expert if you’re considering equity release could offer a more accurate picture.
Although it is not necessarily the right fit for everyone, when done under the advice of a specialist, equity release can help homeowners with:
- Debt repayment
- Home improvements
- Supplementing an existing income
- Specific purchases, such as a once-in-a-lifetime trip abroad or a new car
- Giving money to the next generation
- Paying for care fees
- Inheritance Tax (IHT) planning.
Sadly, there are still plenty of myths about equity release. That’s why our specialist team are on hand during our upcoming Equity Release Week to discuss any concerns you might have, and the options available.
Our no-obligation Equity Release Week will run between 11 and 15 December 2023
During Equity Release Week, our experienced advisers Andrew and Rachel will be available from 12 pm to 6 pm every day. Within these designated times, these experts will be on hand to help you understand if equity release is a viable path for you.
The benefits you can expect from attending include:
- Sitting down for a personalised consultation with experts. We will take the time to understand your unique situation and financial goals. Once we know your circumstances, we will provide tailored advice to help you make informed decisions about equity release, and explain the key advantages and potential risks of this move.
- Receiving an on-the-day state benefits check. During your visit, we will ascertain whether you are eligible for any state benefits that you aren’t already receiving.
- Having a no-obligation conversation. There is no commitment required during the session – you can simply come in, ask questions, and gather information to find out if equity release is suitable for you.
- Obtaining an exclusive offer. We’ll be offering a 10% discount from our usual adviser fee for anyone who takes up an initial meeting during Equity Release Week, if you decide to proceed with advice given and if equity release is right for you.
Remember, no question is too simple. We’re here to advise on whatever equity release matter you ask about, and can then help you take your next steps if you wish.
Get in touch
If you’d like to learn more about equity release in a no-obligation meeting, you can register your interest or book a slot for our Equity Release Week this December.
Email email@example.com or call 01905 619100 to learn more.
This article is no substitute for financial advice and should not be treated as such. To determine the best course of action for your individual circumstances, please contact us.
A lifetime mortgage is a loan secured against your home. To understand the features and risks, ask for a personalised illustration. Equity release will reduce the value of your estate and may affect your entitlement to means tested benefits. Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.